Testicle pain if there is a bowel movement. Why do they become large? Scan said minimal epididymitis and minimal hydrocele. Help?

Good

Question
HI, this is XXXXXXX since 5months i have pain in my left testicle and if there is bowl movement testicle will become large and if i take bed rest the swelling will stops.., i consulted a homeopathic doctor,he suggested me to go for a doppler scanning of the left testicles, in the scanning report is there is minimal epididymitis and minimal hydrocele, now i am under homeopathic medicines, but recently my left foot is continuously burning. what could be the reason for it...?, how much it will take to cure complete pain of the testicle and swelling...?
Posted Sat, 16 Jun 2012 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

Welcome to XXXXXXX

There are so many conditions,which may cause pain and swelling in Testicles (for example Hernia, Hydrocele, Varicocele, Epididymitis etc.).

As it increases with bowel movements and decreases with bed rest, it seems that you might be suffering with Inguinal Hernia.

To confirm the diagnosis, you require examination and evaluation by a General Surgeon, thus you are requested to consult a General Surgeon in person.

As you are feeling burning sensation in foot after starting homeopathic treatment, this might be side effect of the treatment or might be due to Sciatica etc. After examination and investigations (if required) the Surgeon will be able to diagnose and treat it or will refer you to other specialist as per requirement.

Mean while you can take analgesic anti-inflammatory and B complex for relief.

Hope, you will be satisfied with the answer. If you have further query in this regard, I will be happy to help you. If you don't require further clarification, please close the discussion by accepting the answer and rating it as per your satisfaction.

Wish you good health,

Follow-up: Testicle pain if there is a bowel movement. Why do they become large? Scan said minimal epididymitis and minimal hydrocele. Help? 26 minutes later
Hi doctor thanks for the reply you can see my report..., Initially i consulted a general surgeon he prescribed me few antibioticks like doxcy,lyser d for 2 weeks with that i have not find any resulst, than some one suggest homeopathy have best medicine for this case.
even i too have the bladder pain, in the month on sept i have undergone a piles ayurvedic operation.
Now the homeopathic doctor is saying that this is chronic epididymitis.
but the pain was very mild...
please now let me know how i can move further....

Hi XXXXXXX

I have gone through your test report, which you must have shown to the Surgeon also. Please let me know "what was his diagnosis after going through your report?"

In chronic Epididymitis, it is tender on palpation, which can be confirmed on physical examination only.

The antibiotics prescribed to you have broad spectrum, but there might be drug resistance. Culture and sensitivity of fluid/aspirate taken from the Epididymis can help in identification of organism and finding effective drugs.

The bladder pain can be due to urine test and culture and sensitivity (if pus cells are present in urine).
You should get your blood sugar (F & PP) also tested.

In my opinion allopathic treatment will be more effective for chronic Epididymitis, and you should continue your treatment with General Surgeon.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you require further clarification, please ask.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Testicle pain if there is a bowel movement. Why do they become large? Scan said minimal epididymitis and minimal hydrocele. Help? 24 minutes later
Dear Doctor, thanks for the reply.
Initially general surgeon told me that epididymitis with infection, but still i am bachelor and i dnt have any sexual partition for the partner infection transformation.
This doppler test was suggested by the homeopathic doctor.
this report i have not shown to the surgeon..
one more thing i am observing that when i sit for long times i feel more pain in the left testicle is it a symptom of the hernia/epididymitis...? and with my testicle physical observation i can see left testicle size is almost 2-3 times big when compared to the right one.
whether infection will continue this much time...?
now whether i can consult a general surgeon/urologist....?

Thanks for writing again,

If resistance is poor, infection can reach to Epididymis, through routes other than sexual transmission also.

You should show the doppler test report to surgeon also.

Dull pain in left testicle after long sitting is more in favour of epididymitis & Hydrocele.

2 to 3 times more size of left testicle is more in favour of Hydrocele.

Chronic infection can continue for long time.

In my opinion initially you should consult a XXXXXXX general Surgeon like Professor of a medical college. General Surgeons with experience are generally competent enough to treat problem like yours.

Wish you speedy recovery & good health,