Testicle pain and swelling, frequent urination, hernia, antibiotics, scrotal and bladder ultrasound, kidney ultrasound, kidney-ureter-bladder x-ray, prostate ultrasound, blood and urine test, semen analysis

Question
Hi, may I answer your
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Follow-up: Testicle pain and swelling, frequent urination, hernia, antibiotics, scrotal and bladder ultrasound, kidney ultrasound, kidney-ureter-bladder x-ray, prostate ultrasound, blood and urine test, semen analysis 1 hour later
I have very mild pain & swelling in my left testicle and its been there almost 4 months.first one month the pain was little more then decreased and its constant now.
i took 3 antibiotics
3 times scrotal ultrasound ( result shows everything is normal)
Bladder ultrasound ( normal)
kidney ultra sound was also normal
kidney ureter bladder x-ray is normal and no stone found
prostate ultrasound also done and it is not enlarged and no prostatitis.
I went to chiropractor and no bone and disc problem.
Blood and urine test is negative ( i have done 3 times)
No chills or fever or nausea or vomitting
i did all stretches and it does not limit any activies
semen analysis done no white blood cell found and count ,motility and morphology and vitality is normal.
My semi hard pennis bent and falling on the right thigh side and after full erection it stand stright .when the erection is semi hard its falling on right side....
no pain in ejaculation and semen colour is white.
no discharge in pennis so far and no blood in urine so far(urine looks XXXXXXX clear)

I do go frequent urination with mild burning sensation when i urinating .
my left testicle swells in epididmitis area and hits the thigh when i walk. Mild on and off set pain radiate to left hip and lower back. testicle swelling also on and off set.
when testicle swells there is little redness and when i touch no pain or itching ....
doctor checked for hernia as well and they put the finger in groin area while i cough and they said this is not hernia. I feel no pain when i lift heavy object or cough or ,run and walk over 10 hours at work ....
I feel pressure and discomfort when i walk from my left testicle .
What causes my testicle discomfort .... is there still posibilities for infection or anything else....

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later
Hello.

Analysing your symptoms, mild swelling you feel in the epididymis area can be present functionally if your undergarments have been tight. The swelling could also have been lymphnode that are slightly inflammed due to any lower abdomen infection.
Testes are sensitive organ and can produce discomfort while pressing / palpating it. This is referred to as testicular sensation. Mild amount of pain is always felt if you put some pressure on the healthy testes. Are you referring to this pain / discomfort?

Reviewing your reports,

1. The possibility of having any infection is almost ruled out, as all the tests you have gone through have come out to be negative.
2. A normal ultrasound scan rules out testicular swelling or inflammation.

According to me, the likely possibilities are

a. Testicular sensation as explained.
b. Dermatits - probably infective needs to be ruled out (as you also report of redness)

Consulting a dermatologist here to rule out dermatitis may be a choice worth trying.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.

Follow-up: Testicle pain and swelling, frequent urination, hernia, antibiotics, scrotal and bladder ultrasound, kidney ultrasound, kidney-ureter-bladder x-ray, prostate ultrasound, blood and urine test, semen analysis 25 hours later
Hi Thanks for the reply
my underwear is not too tight and i am not giving any pressure to the testicle any way.
Yesterday i forgot to tell you onething ...in my recent CT scan the radiologist mentioned that " A left acetabular bone island is noted" now my mild on and offset pain is radiating from left lower back and hip to groin and inner thigh. Does my acetabular bone island would be a cause for the pain?? if so what is the treatment for acetabular bone island ?
I have no skin disease at all and i feel pressure and heaviness inside my testicle and thigh area ( total discomfort)
Here the doctors dont know whats going on in my body so please help me find out my problem. The pain started in january 2011 and after one hour of sexual intercourse.... I did not feel anything during sex but after an hour when i was sitting in the sofa i felt mild pain in my epididimis area of left testilce....then its continue to till date..

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later

Good to hear from your again.

The acetabular bone island detected on your CT scan is a normal variation of bone and cannot be classified as a disease. There are probabilities of this finding having a compressing effect on the surrounding nerves around producing pain and swelling.

It would be better to get examined by an Orthopedician with the above CT scan reports and if required any further investigations like Nerve conduction studies might be asked.

The pain produced due to Nerve involvement is known as Neuropathy and the treatment which is usually followed would be methylcobalamin supplements and if required decompression through surgery.

Hope this answers your query.