Ask a Urologist   »  

Testicle pain after ejaculation. Tests showed varicocele and epidmytis cyst. What is the cause?

Question
Hi.... I am having left testicle pain for past 1.5 months... this comes after ejaculation..... I met with a urologists.. he prescribed me with antibiotics levoflax for 15-20 days,anti-inflamatory, anti depressant.... the pain seems to be alleviating but after the dose is over... the pain has recurred again.. this time I have pain and also burning sensation while urinating after ejaculation..... the test showed grade 1 varicocele and a very small epidymitis cyst.. the doctor said this is very normal and I am a healthy person.. he asked me to continue with the anti depressant... The pain seems to still persist and is not going away.... what could be the cause??.. I have never had sex before.. I masturbate like people normally do.... when would this go away...??
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Vineet Malhotra 54 minutes later
Thanks for your query

Orchalgia or testicular pain after ejaculation maybe suggestive of an inflammatory process such as that involving prostate gland or the seminal vesicles.
Since you also have burning sensation in your urine you might also have an ultrasound and urine examination done.

A course of antibiotics, anti-inflammatory agent, alpha-blocker,urinary alkaliser and sitz bath would be of benefit. You can consult your local urologist for the same.

I hope i have answered your query
I will be happy to answer any follow-up queries that you may have

Thanks
Dr Vineet Malhotra

Follow-up: Testicle pain after ejaculation. Tests showed varicocele and epidmytis cyst. What is the cause? 2 hours later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX .. Thank you so much for your response... I already visited a urologists... I did a complete lower abdominal ultrasound which includes scortal scan.. I also did a full body check up.... It didnt show any abnormanlities... doctor said I am find... However scortal ultrasound revealed grade 1 varicocele and epididymal cyst of very small size. Blood and urine tests were also done.

Before the ultrasound I was asked to take levoflax(500 mg 1 daily) for 2 weeks and also antiinflamatory...After this I should say the pain has defnitely gone down but has not completely gone down...

After all this lastly wheh I visited the doctor with the scans and test reports he said there is nothing to worry about and he had given me with Clonasepam(lonazep) and asked me to conitnue with it for 20 days now... He said there is nothing to worry about and the pain would go gradually with the frequency of ejaculation, but yesterday night after natural ejaculation, there was pain and also acidic urine sensation. I had one full bottle water and then urinated. The urine burning sensation was gone but the left testicular pain still exists , this sometimes reflects to my thigh and is really worrying me.

I have my marriage after 2 months from now. Is there any risk of having an intercourse or should I be abstaining from this until this is completely cleared. I also wanted to know when I would be getting completely relieved from this pain. This is affecting my work also terribly since I am being always thinking abt this and my upcoming marriage also made me worry abt this a lot......

Answered by Dr. Vineet Malhotra 9 minutes later
Thanks for your query

A varicocoele or small epididymal cyst is rarely a cause of significant testicular pain. Your symptoms are suggestive of chronic pelvic pain syndrome(Prostatitis) and should get relieved by the type of treatment that i have mentioned.
You need not abstain from intercourse or worry about your married life. The symptoms should go away with medication, though you may require a longer low dose treatment.
Remember to drink lots of fluids and take urinary alkalisers too.

I hope i have answered your query
Wishing you good health
Dr Vineet Malhotra

Follow-up: Testicle pain after ejaculation. Tests showed varicocele and epidmytis cyst. What is the cause? 54 minutes later
Thank you Very Much Doctor for your quick response.
That really answered my question...
Can I have an in person consultation with you...?

Answered by Dr. Vineet Malhotra 20 minutes later
Thanks for your response

My clinic is located in Delhi. I will be glad to see you, if you plan to visit delhi.

Dr Vineet Malhotra

Follow-up: Testicle pain after ejaculation. Tests showed varicocele and epidmytis cyst. What is the cause? 14 minutes later
Thanks Dr Vineeth.

Kindly let me know if I have to fix an appointment with you and how I can do that.
I really want to visit your clinic in Delhi so that I can take a series of tests and clear my questions. Please also let me know your clinic address.

Would you be working over the weekends? Can you also let me know your working hours?

Thanks. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Vineet Malhotra 7 minutes later

My clinic address is B 7 Extension/ 126 A, Safdarjung enclave, New Delhi
Please take an appointment on 0000
My clinic timings are 6-7 30pm in the evening

Thanks
Wishing you good health
Dr Vineet Malhotra

Follow-up: Testicle pain after ejaculation. Tests showed varicocele and epidmytis cyst. What is the cause? 21 hours later
Sure doctor.. Thank you... I also have the below questions.

1) Are there any food restrictions for this problem?
2) Is this sexually transmitted?
3) Do being on fruit diet help cure this more easily? Do I have to have more fluid food(like fruit juices) rather than solid foods?
4) What is the primary cause of this problem??

Thanks. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Vineet Malhotra 4 hours later
Thanks for your query

1.You should avoid spicy foods

2. Fresh fruits are a good form of diet to get good dose of anti-oxidants. Juices have no special benefit.

3. There are several possible causes including bacterial or other infections, immunological, chemical reflux and other causes.

I hope i have answered your query
If you are satisfied with the answer, please close the discussion

Thanks
Dr Vineet Malhotra