Testicle is swollen, doesn't pain but shows to be full of liquid. Cause?

Jul 2016

Hello Doctor, my left testicle is swollen since about 10 weeks. It doesn't hurt but shining from behind with a flashlight it shows that it's full of liquid. I thought first that it will heal by it self what it might does, just slowly.

I'm 46 Years old and in good physical conditions. This was probably hapening by accident. I'm a sailor and many things happen out there
I normally try to avoid taking any medication if it's not 100% possible to let nature take care of things. I thought about getting some antibiotics but can not see how the liquid will come out. It might helps dealing with an infection. But why is it not hurting. I feel no pain. Even by squeezing gently it's all normal
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is a Hydrocele.

Detailed Answer:

Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed what is called as Hydrocele.

It is a collection of fluid between two layers of facial coverings ( Tunica Vaginalis) that covers testicle.

It is unlikely to subside of its own neither it can be cured with medicine.

The only treatment option is to undergo surgery where inner layer of Tunica Vaginalis is excised .
This surgery is very simple and can be done as a day care procedure under short general anesthesia.

Please consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical examination and further treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you