Testicle feels hard at one end in the morning. What could be the cause?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
My right trsticle is a bit hard at one end , it seems to be more so in the morning and reduces by day.
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 45 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have hardness of the testicle at one end in the morning.
I shall be happy if you post me few more details so as to help me in making comments about your problem.
1) Do you have fever associated with this symptom?
2) Do you have pain in testicle?
3) Do you have any urinary complains?

Most likely it may be due to infection of Epididymis (Epididymitis), However final diagnosis can be confirmed only on clinical examination and ultrasound scanning of the scrotum.
Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment and further treatment.
This should get cured with antibiotic and anti inflammatory medicines.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Testicle feels hard at one end in the morning. What could be the cause? 1 hour later
No fever, no urinary problems but a bit tender to squeeze.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Hello
Thanks for your feedback.

Please go ahead and get your ultrasound scanning of the scrotum done to confirm the diagnosis.
Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment. He may advise to take broad spectrum antibiotics and anti inflammatory medications.

Do not worry. This will get cured with medicine.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil