Testes ultrasound showed dilated tortuous vessels. Suggestive of varicocele. Serious problem?

Hi! I got my testes ultrasound report yesterday. This is what it says ' There is evidence of dilated tortuous vessels in the left scrotal sac the largest one is measuring 2.4 mm. These vessels showing colour filing on valsalva and erect posture. The features are suggestive of mild left-sided varicocele formation. No evidence of varicocele on right side'. I was wondering if it is a serious medical problem. I get a little pain strokes in my testicles and penis. I think my erection is also effected because of this problem. Please tell me if i get a surgery would it effect my fertility or not.
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 48 hours later

Actually this is early stage of varicocele.Basic problem is stasis of blood in testicular veins with some times reversal of flow on valsalva.

At this stage you may opt for not getting operated.But in most cases there is progression and one may need surgery later.So the choice is yours to get operated or wait till there is progression.It won't make much difference if you get operated later.But mean while you might have few symptoms.

Since this is early stage, this is unlikely to have affected your fertility.Even after surgery your fertility won't be affected.

Actually this should not affect erection.So it must be a separate issue.

Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.