Tested positive to Chlamydia. Partner diagnosed with atypical pneumonia chlamydia. Should I take doxyhexal?

Jul 2016

Hi I tested positive to Chlamydia (my husband has just been diagnosed with atypical pneumonia chlamydia) and I wondered if I should take the doxyhexal (10 day script) or just fight it myself without antibiotics. I am worried the dormant chlamydia will come back and turn into chronic condition... if it hasnt already We live on 5000 sq m of land and I have always been working in the dirt and potting mix and suffer a reaction to mould no matter what sort of mask I have on... so I could have been the carrier all along... as I get chronic "sneezing which then go to flu like symptoms"

Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your husband has been detected to have Atypical Pneumonia due to Chlamydia.

Looking at your past history of bronco pneumonia and allergy to so many things surrounding you, it is better to take antibiotics either Azithromycin or Doxycycline. for 10 days and rest assure of you not getting infected.

Many a times Chlamyndia infection is symptomless in women so it is advisable to complete course of antibiotics as a prophylaxis.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.