Tested positive for azoospermia. Eager to be a father. Any effective treatment for this?

May 2013
Hi...I am a 27 year old male...i am tested positive for azoospermia... i am very eager to become a father.. is there any effective treatment for this? i am very much worried.
Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
thanks for the query.

Azoospermia means complete lack of spermatozoa in ejaculatory fluid,

it can occur,

1.when there is problem at production of spermatozoa,

- in reverseible conditions like,
kallman syndrome, hyperprolactinemia - medical treatment helps,
varicocele – surgery can be done

-in irreversible conditions assisted reproductive methods can be tried.

2.when there is problem at the level of transmission

The blockade can occur due to,
- previous infections,
-cysts in prostate,
-congenital absence of vas deferens(CAVD)
In this blockage due to first four causes can be repaired by microsurgical or endoscopic techniques.
In case of CAVD, sperm retrieval or assisted reproductive technology can be tried.

So you consult XXXXXXX and depending on the cause of your problem treatment can be taken.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.