Tested positive for HSV and negative for HIV. But have headache, itchy rash, weight loss and back pain

Hi I am 28 black man I tested positive for hsv2 and negative for HIV a year after possible exposure to HIV I'm feeling symptoms as far as headaches, runny,itching and rashes all over my body weight loss and neck and back pains is it possible that I am infected with HIV and just not testing positive yet
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
unlikely to be HIV now

Detailed Answer:

Serological tests for HIV infection will become positive in three months time. Hence it is unlikely that you have the infection now. So we have to consider other causes like viral infections or bacterial infections like enteric fever etc.

I suggest you should be examined by your physician to sort it out.

Have a good day
Follow-up: Tested positive for HSV and negative for HIV. But have headache, itchy rash, weight loss and back pain 17 minutes later
I cheated on my girlfriend wit one person unprotected I tested negative two months the second time 16 months And the third time 18 months after thst possible exposure to hiv and they all came back negative is it safe to say that I am hiv negative because I was told it can take up to 2 to 3 years before u can test positive
And I smoke marijuana like 4 times a day would that effect the result of my hiv test
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 21 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

After 18 months if Hiv is negative, then it means that you are not infected, unless there has been a repeat exposure.
Smoking marijuana increases the risk of any infection and decreases immunity in a person. I don't think it could give false negative reports