Tested positive for HSV 2 and negative for HIV. Having headaches and weight loss. Is it HIV?

Hi I am 28 black man I tested positive for hsv2 and negative for HIV a year after possible exposure to HIV I'm feeling symptoms as far as headaches, runny,itching and rashes all over my body weight loss and neck and back pains is it possible that I am infected with HIV and just not testing positive yet
And I'm also a burning hot feeling on my outter thighs and some night I have night sweats and a numb feeling in my hands when I'm sleeping is this all caused my hiv and I'm just not testing positive yet I had a hiv test done three times 1st at three months second at 1 year and third at 16 months all which came back negative it's common for all these Symptoms to be occurng at the same time and be hiv negative
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 6 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

HIV ELISA negative after 16 months of exposure is very re-assuring unless repeat exposure occurred after the risky exposure. It is very very rare (negligible chance) to have symptoms of HIV after 16 months and still test negative.

The symptoms that you have mentioned occur usually within weeks of exposure and not after 1 year.

Many other infections can mimic the symptoms of HIV and just produce anxiety until they are taken care of by immunity. In fact anxiety and stress may itself decrease immunity and make you more vulnerable to fungal and viral infections.

If you can upload the recent blood tests that you have done and also the photo of the rashes, I will be better able to help.

Dr Vaishalee