Tested positive by pregnancy test kit. Medicine to terminate pregnancy?

My wife skipped the period which was expected on 8th of July as the last period arrived on 12th of XXXXXXX On 20th of July my wife tested +ve by pregnancy test kit. We do not expect more kid as we are having 2 kids already.Please advice to get rid of this by medication.
Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 11 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

First I will start by stating that any attempts to end a pregnancy using medications should be done in conjunction with a doctor. There needs to be a full review of how many weeks she is (which can be variable) because these medications only work well when given in very early pregnancy.

That being said, yes there are medications that are used for your situation. One of them is called Misoprostol. In these situations it can be placed vaginally in multiple doses and for pregnancies at less than 9 weeks, its success rate approaches 90%.

Again, I will implore you to talk to a doctor to make sure this is the safest option. The decision may be affected by such things as prior Cesarean Sections and any concern regarding the potential for an ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy in a tube).

Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please remember to ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit! Good luck!