Tested negative for pulmonary hypertension. Having pain in neck, shoulder and chest. Underlying cause?

I have clubbing on the fingers. I just recently had a cardio cat complete. The results came back negative for pulmonary Hypertension. I also have radiating pain from the left side of my neck, shoulder, and shoulder blade. Often times, this makes my fingers and forearm tingle. I've recently experience some chest pain. The pain feels as if someone is stabbing me in the chest when I inhale. I often feel this in my left shoulder blade as well when I breathe. The military doctors do know what it could possibly be. Please help if you can. Thank you in advance.
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 4 hours later
Thanks for using health care magic.
From the description that you have given it appears that you have a problem in your vertebra and spine.
Normally there are nerves lying between the vertebral bodies and and reduction in space will cause compression of these nerves which cause a type of pain that you have described.
This pain further increases on coughing and movement.
In your case where the pain is distributed along the neck and shoulder and chest the likely compression might be in the cervical vertebra.
This compression also causes this tingling sensation that you are feeling.
You need to get an mri scan of the cervical vertebra and look for the degenerative changes responsible for this compression.
This requires a change in your posture and also some exercise.
If the problem is severe then you may requite a surgery.
Hope I am able to solve your concerns.
If you need any further help do let me know.
kind regards

Follow-up: Tested negative for pulmonary hypertension. Having pain in neck, shoulder and chest. Underlying cause? 3 hours later
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 54 minutes later
Its my pleasure to be of help to you.