Ask a Urologist   »  

Tested negative for STD. Had sex. Noticed painful lesion, water filled blisters on penis. STD?

Urologist
Question
2 months and 2 weeks ago I had a full panel STD test that all came back negative. Since then I have had sex once with a female partner with whom I had sex with before the STD tests. 4 weeks after having unportected sex with this person, I noticied a painful lesion and friction burn on shaft of my penis while I was urinating. The pain was caused by my pulling out my penis and holding it. It was not from urinating. It looked to me like two small cuts and scrapes on the shaft of my penis. I thought at the time I had injured it either weight lifting that morning or it had rubbed up against my zipper inside my work trousers (pants are tight in crouch area). To me, it looked nothing like herpes, but some sort of a trauma. I went home and placed Crotizone 10 on the cuts, lesions, abrasions, I did this for 5-7 days and it seemed to make it worse. I started to notice that the new skin underneath the surface skin had a few water/clear blisters. It did not appear to be healing at all. I stopped using the cream and it has been healing ever since. It's been 2 weeks and 4 days now since I noticed this on my penis and it is about 80% healed. The cuts, lesions, etc have scabbed over. But as soon as 2 days ago I noticed a couple of water/clear blisters form in the area. They look like friction blisters. They are sore when pushed on and after popped the are no longer sore. They have not scabbed over. It seems that I get these blisters after vigorous exercise on elipitical cardio machine at gym. I wonder if its from rubbing while exercise? I am going to get another full STD panel done today. I have uploaded pics that I took yesterday that are 2 weeks and 3 days after first noticing this.
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 9 hours later
Welcome to the forum.
I had a good look at the images posted.
These do not look like STD.
To me, these seem to be trauma related to rubbing and they seem to be infected secondarily.
Most of them have almost healed.
You need to maintain hygiene and apply antibacterial (Mupirocin) ointments thrice daily for 2 weeks.
Best regards