Tested negative for HIV after 6 month exposure. Now have Herpes, no itching and pain. Chances of HIV?

I tested negative for hiv back in XXXXXXX ..over 6 months post exposure...and found out today that I may have it possible that I may still be hiv negative...I'm scared... Let me mention that I'm not sexually active it's been over 6 months... Plus I've never had an outbreak gyn says that it looks like herpes but I have no itching or pain or discomfort...
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely to be HIV

Detailed Answer:

You have been tested HIV negative after 6 months of exposure which reasonably excludes the possibility of HIV. Late seroconversion where a person tested negative at 6 months post exposure becomes positive in future has not been heard for a very long time. Therefore I strongly feel and consider you to be HIV negative.

The herpes is caused by a different virus and bears no liaison with HIV.
You should get treated for Herpes, if your gynaecologist thinks it is herpes it may be because herpes frequently does not give symptoms.

Try to avoid sex with little known partner, if at all use barrier precautions like condom.

I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.

Take Care!