Tested for lyme-negative by CDC standards. Joint pain, extreme fatigue and gastric issues and insomnia. Suggest about Lyme disease treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Chronic Lyme disease treatment. Chronic Lyme disease symptoms for 9 years. Tested for lyme-negative by CDC standards. Tested positive in two of the 5 bands by Igenex. Joint pain, extreme fatigue and gastro. Issues, insomnia
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 55 minutes later
Some patients of Lyme's disease have lingering symptoms of fatigue, pain, or joint and muscle aches. In some cases, these can last for more than 6 months. It almost always gets better with time; the bad news is that it can take months to feel completely well.
There is no established cure for chronic Lyme disease. The response to treatment varies greatly from patient to patient. Many patients find they need to stay on antibiotics long-term (ie. years). Patients may also need antibiotic combos, coinfection treatments, symptomatic medications like pain killers, etc. With these treatments some patients experience full recovery.
You can get the required medicines prescribed from your doctor according to the severity of your symptoms.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.