Tested for heart condition. What does situs solitus, good lv function, no clot or thrombus mean?

Question
today i have checked my hurt in laboratory and i got the impression situs slitus, intact sepate, good lv systolic function(lvef=77.0%) , no refional wall motion abnormality of lv at rest, no clot/ thrombus, no pericardial effusion, normal pa pressure what it means. is my hurt is ok tell me
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 36 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

The result is good.
Situs solitus means that the heart is in the normal position in the chest.

The septa are the parts of the heart that the blood passes through as it moves from one part of the heart to another. Your test states that yours are intact which is normal and good.

Good LV function- LV means left ventricle which is part of the left side of the heart that pumps and sends blood to the body. Your test states that the left ventricle (LV) is working well.

NO regional wall abnormality- again this is good , it means that the walls of the heart are working well, there were no abnormalities

No clot or thrombus- there were no blood clots in the heart, this is good
NO pericardial effusion- this means there was no abnormal fluid around the heart, this is good

Normal PA pressure- PA stands for the pressure in the pulmonary arteries or the lungs, according to your test, the pressure in the lungs was normal.

All aspects of your echo were normal, there are no problems with your heart.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions

Follow-up: Tested for heart condition. What does situs solitus, good lv function, no clot or thrombus mean? 42 minutes later
DEAR
DOCTOR PLEASE GO THROUGH THE ATTACHMENT AND TELL ME ABOUT THE MEASUREMENT OF THE HEART WHICH IS PROVIDED IN THE REPORT IS IT IN NORMAL RANGE OR NOT, I AM WRITING THE MEASUREMENT AGAIN.

AVOP-24.4MM, LA-35.8MM,RVID-15.2MM,IVSD-9.3MM,LVIDD-4103MM,LVPWD-9.3MM,LVIDS-22.3MM,EDV-75.5MM,ESV-16.8MM,SV-58.7MM,FS-46.0%,EF-77.05 KINDLY TELL ME ABOUT ALL THE MEASUREMENT. AND WHAT IS THE NORMAL RANG E OF THESE MEASUREMENT.

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
Hi

All of these measurements are in the normal ranges, the report's impression stated that there was no abnormality detected.

The heart is divided into two sides , right and left. Each side is then divided into two chambers. The upper chambers are called atria and the lower chambers are called ventricles.
The measurements recorded are the thickness of the walls of the chambers , the thickness of the septum separating the right from the left side of the heart and the amount of blood left in the heart after it contracts and after dilation of the chambers.
All the parameters are normal.

LA range is 18 to 58
RVID (right ventricular XXXXXXX diameter)-less than 4 cm
IVSD (interventricular septal diameter)- 0.6 to 1.1 cm
LVIDD- ( left ventricular XXXXXXX dimension in diastole)- 3.5 to 6 cm
LVPWD (left venticular posterior wall in diastole) -0.6 to 1.1 cm
EDV (end diastolic volume)-65 t0 240
ESV (end systolic volume) -16 to 143
SV (stroke volume) - 55 to 100
FS (fractional shortening)- less than 34% is too low
EF (ejection fraction) greater than 55%

please feel free to ask any other questions

Follow-up: Tested for heart condition. What does situs solitus, good lv function, no clot or thrombus mean? 15 hours later
Thanks for your co-operation doctor.

Doctor i have one more question to you i have checked my LIPID PROFILE ALSO THE DETAILS OF THE REPORT IS GIVEN BELOW.

CHOLESTEROL TOTAL ----180.0 MG/DL
TRIGLYCEERIDES ---- 149.0 MG/DL
HDL CHOLESTEROL ---- 50.0 MG/DL
LDL CHOLESTEROL ---- 100.0 MG/DL

KIDLY TELL ME HOW IS MY REPORT AND WHAT IS THE NORMAL RANGE FOR THE LIPID TEST. AND ALSO TELL ME WHICH TYPE OF FOOD I HAVE TO TAKE.

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 27 minutes later
Hi

The total cholesterol is considered normal if it is less than 200, so yours is good.

The triglycerides should be less than 150, so yours just fits into this range.

The HDL is the good cholesterol and the higher it is , the better, for men, it should be greater than 40. This means that your value of 50 is excellent.

Your LDL (the bad cholesterol) is also very good. This range for this test varies according to the number of risk factors a person has for heart disaease. The more risk factors a person has, the lower his LDL should be.
A LDL of less than 100 is considered optimal which means this is the best that you could want it.

You seem to be taking good care of yourself

Please feel free to ask any other questions