Tested for epstein barr virus vca ab with high mcv and high mch. Any suggestion?

Epstein Barr Virus VCA AB (IGG) >5.00. High MCV. High MCH. Inable to stay awake, even with Provigil. Please advise. Thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 10 hours later

Your Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) VCA Ab IgG is >5.00. It means to say that there was an EBV infection in you in the past. It could be recent past or remote past. It is insignificant as far as I see it. If you have no symptoms, you may neglect the report.

In another report, you seem to have high MCV and high MCH. This is seen in conditions of macrocytic anemia. You have a history of Anemia as you have mentioned in your medical history. I hope you are on treatment for the same.

I am not sure as to why you are on Provigil (Is it because of CFS?). Also, is there a specific need for you to be awake?

Please do write back for further discussion. I would be pleased to help you.