Tested for RA. Got knee pain caused by bone spurs, taking Norco. No help. Can I use ibuprofin?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Am being tested for RA. No answer until end of next week. 4th of july holiday here.

Feet hurt very badly. Taking Norco got knee pain caused by bone spurs in knee.

Norco does not help with pain. Can I use Ibprofin also? Can I use topic medicine called Pennsaid in addion? Can I use also?
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later

If you already use Narco for pain control which contains hydrocodone and aceclofenac, there is no need to add ibupofen. You can use pennsaid (diclofenc) gel locally for pain control. Doing hot fomatation and physiotherapy will be helpful in your case.
Avoid squating and stairs if you can. Try to loose weight because it causes pressure over joints.
There is feature to upload your reports, so when your reports came , you can upload them sothat I can help you in better ways.

Hope this will helps you.

Dr Saurabh XXXXXXX
Orthopaedic surgeon