Ask a Urologist   »  

Tested clear for UTI. Having burning sensation around vagina and feeling constipated. What am I suffering from?

General Surgeon
I have been tested for a UTI which came back clear, giving antibiotics for Cysistis but still have a burning around my lip and vagina area and having problems going to the toilet have been consitipated I think I may have piles too? Are the two linked?
Posted Fri, 30 Nov 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms might be caused by fungal infection of your vagina as a side effect of antibiotics. It is very hard to link constipations and piles with utis/vagina.
Constipations and piles are probably separate problem. We can assume that piles can appear as a result of constipations. With piles, some bleeding can appear as well as itching around the anus. It is advisable for you to have colonoscopy performed to rule all constipations reasons out.
For vagina infection, lactobacillus vaginal suppositories should be helpful.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.