Test shows thyronormalxy. Do I have to continue the same dose or consult a doctor?

hi i am 27y female,tested ft3,ft4,tsh.result shows means i have to continue the same dose or to consult with doctor? TSH -3.01,FT3-2.9,FT4-1.35
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

The readings given above as understood by you are normal and in range.

The reason for you being started and now on treatment with Thyroid hormone supplement would be that you were hypothyroid previously.

The euthyroid state (normal thyroid hormone levels)now is due to the supplementary thyroid hormone you are on.Hence I would see no reason to alter the dosage.If there is decrease in TSH levels and increase in free T3 and T4 then there would be a chance to think on reducing the dose and reverse works when there is increase in TSH and drop in the T3 and T4.

I suggest you to continue on the same dosage and keep monitoring the levels regularly as advised by your treating physician.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.