Test showed slightly elevated plasma cells. Could it be mgus or smoldering myeloma?

my daughter has slightly elevated plasma cells,her Dr says its either mgus or smoldering myloma.
Her calcium level is normal and red and white cells are normal. still waiting on final results. Thanks
Posted Thu, 20 Dec 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later

There are criteria's to label the plasma cell disorders as multiple myeloma, smoldering myeloma and monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance (MGUS). It includes paraprotein level (more than or less than 30), plasma cell levels (more or less than 10) and organ involvement and symptoms of patient. B2-miroglobulin is diagnostic investigation for mutiple myeloma. Hope your consultant has advised you the same.

Your doctor is correct as the present scenario for mildly elevated plasma cell level.
I will be available to discuss further in the follow-up, if you can send me the final reports.

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.