Test showed sgot - 462.30 and sgpt - 145.20. What to do?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
my sgot is 462.30 and sgpt is145.20 what to do
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
From the reports you have provided it appears that the liver cells are inflammed and not not functioning optimally. The reson is obvious . that is infection as described by you in the medical history.
If all the other components of liver function tests are normal namely bilirubin levels, protein levels, GTT levels and PT/INR values and viral markers, widal test and clot cultures then you should do the following.
1. Complete rest at home for about 3to 4 weeks till enzyme levels come to normal.
2. Liver tonics containing ornithine (hepa merz) for at least 3 to 4 weeks.
3. High carbohydrate , low fat, low protein diet.
4. Plenty of water.
5. Avoid any raw /uncooked /outside food articles. Eat only home cooked warm food.
6. Repeat the enzyme levels every week till they normalise.
If there is no fever then antibiotics are not indicated.
I hope this answers your doubt.
if you still have any querry pertaining to any report or symptom please write back to me.
With regards
I hope this answers your querry.