Test showed reduction of WBC. Is this normal?

Jun 2015

My wbc is reducing from 0000 to 0000 without any treatment, is it normal
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 35 minutes later

Normal range of WBC count is 4000 to 0000.
Higher WBC counts is suggestive of presence of infection/inflammatory process in the body.
And reduction of WBC count from 0000 to 0000 can be considered as an indication of subsidence of the infection/inflammation.

However, diagnosis of any condition is not given only on the basis of investigation reports.
Appropriate management is initiated after taking proper history, conducting a physical examination & then co-relating the findings with investigation reports.

So, kindly XXXXXXX your treating physician & discuss regarding the same.

Wishing you a good health.
Please let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks and take care.
Follow-up: Test showed reduction of WBC. Is this normal? 9 minutes later
When 0000 wbc is measured at 4.00pm(sample taken) and 0000 comes at 7.00 am sample taken and from last 6 months iambic taking medicine for panic attacks and now I completely ok and at present also I don't have any specific symptoms. My question is it serious or normal
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 2 hours later

Thanks for your follow up query.

Even if the WBC count has reduced, it is still above the normal range, indicating presence of underlying infection/inflammation.

However, only Total Leucocyte count is not of any significance to tell whether the condition is serious or normal.
So, kindly get a differential count of the WBC done.
This will be helpful to diagnose whether the infection/inflammation is acute or chronic in nature & also rule out other conditions like allergy & leukemia.
Also let me know the reason for which the blood test was carried out in the first instance.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Follow-up: Test showed reduction of WBC. Is this normal? 8 hours later
I have to submit my medical fitness in my company, and detailed wbc count is
Neutrophils- 58 , lymphocytes- 40, eosinophils - 02, monocytes - 0 , basophils- 0

Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 12 hours later

Thanks for your follow up query.

According to the Differential count, all the constituents of WBC are within normal limits.
Based on the above observation & the fact that you do not have any specific symptoms, there is nothing to suggest that you are not fit.

So, there is no need to worry.

Wishing you a Healthy Life.

Dr. Polash Sannigrahi