Test showed positive ana titter. Have swollen nodules in toes. Blood work done. Any suggestion?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi, I recently had a positive XXXXXXX TIter and was sent to a Rheum. Dr. for follow up. I have a few swollen nodules in my toes, they get swollen, and then go away...only to return again later.... The XXXXXXX Titer has a weird score of 4.13...I am not finding that scale anywhere, and it doesn't make sense to me. The new Dr. is assuming a false positive, repeated the blood work, and expects to not see me again. Does any of this make sense to anyone else?
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 27 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query. XXXXXXX titre is usually mentioned in terms of dilutions. A level of 4.13 might be a false positive. A repeat test will help in clearing the doubt. A positive test is suggestive of an immune related disorder like lupus or rheumatoid arthritis. Exact diagnosis is made based on the clinical presentation. You should follow up with your rheumatologist after the test report is available.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.