Test showed low egfr and weird creatinine levels with traces of protein. Should I be worried?

Question
Hello:

I had 4 blood/urine tests lately because one of them showed low egfr and weird creatinine levels with traces of protein (no blood was found).
3 tests showed traces of protein, one was normal. Subsequent tests, while still showing traces of protein, showed absolutely normal creatinine and eGFR. Should I be worried?
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 52 minutes later
Hello!

Have you checked for blood sugar level and blood pressure?
Have you checked 24 hr urine protein?

Trace amount of protein can be excreted in urine normally. Proteinuria should be interpreted with other findings in urine.

As your rest of the findings in urine examination are normal, you need not worry about this trace proteinuria.

Hope this helps you.

For more queries, you can write back to me.

Thank you.

Follow-up: Test showed low egfr and weird creatinine levels with traces of protein. Should I be worried? 7 hours later
There is no blood whatsoever.
Blood pressure is most days within normal rangen however was slightly elevated.
My Family Doctor asked for 24 hour Albumin.
I was nautious lately, more tired than usual. My thyroid test showed 'normal' within a short range on low. Those are similar symptoms so hard to tel.
Does thyroid disfunction have similar symptoms?
Its very scary all this!

Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 4 hours later
Hello!

Thanks for reply.

Thyroid dysfunction can cause fatigue or tiredness but there should be other symptoms and clinical features too for the diagnosis of thyroid disease.

You have all the reports in normal range hence don't worry about these thyroid dysfunction and trace proteinuria.

Wish you good health.
Thank you.

Follow-up: Test showed low egfr and weird creatinine levels with traces of protein. Should I be worried? 3 days later
My period didn't appear this month. I am really concerned regarding what these things may indicate in conjunction with protein, which does seem to be persistent in my system. I have itchy vagina as well for a few days. Laest ultrasound revealed fatty liver and I was told by my doctor yesterday to go on severe diet.that said, I am overweight by maybe 20 lbs tops. Can it be early menopause (I am 38 y/o).? I was always in really good health. All this is quite shocking and unusual. Any ideas?

Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 7 hours later

Thanks for the writing.

No, Just a single missed or delayed period does not mean it's menopause.

Obesity can cause hormonal changes in body and irregular menses. Hence missed periods may be due to obesity. Obesity can cause fatty liver also.

Hence weight reduction can help to get rid of these problems.

Hope I answered your query.

Thank you.