Test showed blirubin - 1.25, sgpt -69, sgot - 44 and fasting glucose 154. Should I be concerned?

Sep 2012

I am 45years mail , and during self check tests - following discrepency observed.
SGPT -69
SGOT - 44
RBC - 4.2
Hb - 12.5
Pl advise if any area of concern . SGOT AND SGPT are at these levels since last 2 years but Bilrubin was less than 1

Posted Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 28 minutes later
Thank you for posting a question.

Firstly, fasting blood sugar. You have to do a fasting followed by postprandial blood sugar test for proper interpretation of this sugar level. This sugar level is definitely higher than normal. But, to declare you as a diabetic, the combination test report is very important. Another test which can show about your blood sugar control of the last three month is HbA1C.

Mild elevated level of bilirubin and SGOT and SGPT indicates no specific condition. But sometimes it may occur due to mild hepatocellular injury. If you are alcoholic, then you have to stop that. Do an ultrasound scan of abdomen to rule out any abnormality. You can also take some liver protective drugs like Liv 52, after consulting with your treating doctor. You can also consult with a gastroenterologist for this matter.

The RBC count and hemoglobin levels are absolutely normal.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.