Test showed bilirubin-1.2, SGOT-48, HBA1C-7.5 and urine analysis done. Any advice?

1. My total bilirubin is 1.2, indirect is 0.8 and direct is 0.4. SGOT is 48 and all other is normal range.
2. HBA1C is 7.5
3. Lipid profile: total chlostral is 295, triglyc is 200 HDL is 49, LDL is 206 VLDL is 40 tc/hdl is 6 and ldl/hdl is 4.2
4. unrine analysis: albumin is trace, pus cells is 6-8/hpf and epithelial cells is 4-5/hpf
Pl advise
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 2 hours later
Thanks for posting query here.

You are Hypertensive and taking medications for BP, now you have been detected to be Diabetic also, Lipid profile is abnormal that is your total cholesterol, LDL and triglyceride level are high which is commonly associated with diabetes.

Risk ratio is also high, for this you will be required to modify your diet that is along with diabetic diet and low salt diet(<2.5 gm /day) Low fat and low cholesterol diet avoid saturated fats like butter and coconut oil, poly unsaturated and mono saturated oil can be taken in limited quantity(Rice XXXXXXX oil, corn oil)

In your case, you will be required to take medicine for lowering Lipids a Statin and Fibrate after consultation with your hysician/Endocrinologist. If your BP is under control medications are all right and if BP and Blood sugar is high adjustment can be done.

HBA1c tells us about the control of blood sugar level in last 3 month, as you are detected diabetic only one month back hence it is high, kindly check your FBS and PPBS and keep them in normal range and check HBA1c every 3 months.

Bilirubin is slightly above normal, which could be because of fatty liver.
Urine analysis shows few pus cells may be due to infection can be easily cured by a course of antibiotics.

In such lifestyle, diseases it is important to know are you over weight and nature of work is it sedentary?

I would like to know do you smoke and/or drink alcohol?
As they are, also risk factors in such cases.
It is advisable to take up walking 3 to 4 km daily.

I hope this information helps you and if you have any query I will be happy to answer that.