Test results show epithelial cells <25/lpf and polymorphonuclear cells <25/lpf. What is the meaning?

can you interpret the result of my afb stain: epithelial cells <25/lpf polymorphonuclear cells <25/lpf. no fast acid bacili seen. what does that mean? what medicine should i take? is that normal? they suspected that i have PTB. this is the result of my sputum sample.
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Guru 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: v Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! You AFB stain test is negative. However, negative AFB stain test does not completely exclude PTB. Nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) and culture is recommended if there is strong suspicion of TB based on physical examination findings. Hope I have answered your query. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!
Follow-up: Test results show epithelial cells <25/lpf and polymorphonuclear cells <25/lpf. What is the meaning? 3 minutes later
What should I do next? I I don't have cough or colds. I will also undergo skin test. If my skin test is negative, am I free from ptb?
Answered by Dr. Guru 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for follow up! Even though if patient does not have cough or colds, your doctor may have reasons to suspect based on physical exam. Skin test is of not much value. Sputum culture, chest x ray would be helpful to completely rule out the suspicion. Take care!