Test result showed gallbladder with peri-cholestatic adhesions and thin wall with moderate number of gallstones. Meaning?

Could you please explain:- "gallbladder with peri-cholestatic adhesions and a thin wall.
Moderate number of gallstones.
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You have stones in the gallbladder.

Detailed Answer:

I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

You have multiples stones in the gallbladder. As you know, gallbladder is a bile storing organ and is located in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen. It is prone for gall stone accumulation

Your gallbladder wall is thin. If it is inflamed as in cholecystitis, the wall thickness would be increased. Therefore there is no inflammation.

Also your gallbladder has developed adhesions and is adherent to the surrounding structures. This most probably could be due to a previous attack of cholecystitis.

Radiological reports need to be correlated with clinical symptoms and signs. Therefore to comment better, please post the patients complaints and the reason for getting this test.

I hope that answers your question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini