Test report suggests subcentimeter mesentric paraaortic lymph nodes. Anything to worry?

Question
my reports tell that "subcentimeter mesentric paraaortic lymph nodes detected....anything to worry
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 15 minutes later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX

You haven't described why you felt a need to do the test which i would request you to tell me the reason and symptoms that made you to go for this. These lymph nodes enlarge due no. of cause some of which are minor while some are to worry about. The common causes includes infections, abdominal TB, malignancy or any autoimmune disease.

Your lymphnodes have very slight enlargement however they should be screened for the cause therefore it is recommended to go for proper evaluation with you current doctor

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Thanks

Follow-up: Test report suggests subcentimeter mesentric paraaortic lymph nodes. Anything to worry? 4 minutes later
i felt lower abdomen groin pain that i suspected of kidney stones...done CT-KUB and blood test....so the results : subcentimeter mesentric and left paraortic lymphnodes noted

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 24 hours later
Thanks for the reply

Well as I stated earlier that it is not necessary that these nodes enlargement must be due to any metastatic condition or lymphoma. There are other several conditions causing them to enlarge. The groin pain may be due to Renal infection which can also cause the nodes to enlarge.

Therefore you are advised to stay relaxed and go on with your evaluation for enlarged nodes.

If you still have some qeury, feel free to ask

Thanks