Test done for thyroglobulin, thyroxine and TSh level. What does the value signify?

Hi i recently receive my lab work results. MY Thyroglobulin was <0.5, my thyroxine was 17.3, and my Free thyroxine indes was 5.7. TSH was 0.005. What does all this mean. Those labs came up in red.

Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

I have gone through your reports in detail and it looks like you are suffering from hyperthyroidism. It is a fairly common issue that we see in our daily practice. Basically your thyroid is over functioning. You need to be put on a drug called neomercazole for the same. Please approach an endocrinologist for the same and also ask the doctor for the option of radio ablation of the thyroid for a permanent cure of the hyperthyroidism.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have any further queries I will be happy to get back

I wish you good health