Test done for kidney infection. What does the reports suggest? Advice some medication

I am trying to understand a culture and sensitivity report for a kidney infection (e coli)

R>=32 ampicillin
R>=32 amp/sulfbact
S <=1 ceftriaxone
S <=0.25 cipro
S <=0.12 levofloxacin
S <=16 nitrofurantoin
S <=20 trimeth/sulfa

Is it more sensitive or less sensitive to the higher numbers? As in Trimeth/sulfa S<=20.

Resistant to ampicillin but does that mean augmentin might still work?

3 shots of rocephin did not kill it.
Levaquin after 5 days had to be stopped due to muscle pain.

Posted Fri, 30 Nov 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
The lower numbers indicate that such a low concentration of the antibiotic was able to stop the organism from growing. So, the lower the number, better is the sensitivity. The best antibiotic will be levofloxacin and ciprofloxacin. Since it is resistant to Ampcillin, Augmentin is not likely to help you.
You can ask your physician for adding amikacin to Rocephin for a better response.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.