Tension headaches right side, vibration in jaw, dizziness. CT, blood, lung all normal. Could it be herniated disc ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hello - I've been having tension headaches *right side only & back of head under base of skull*, pressure on temples & right eye, slight 'vibration' in jaw/face when stressed & dizziness and general feelings of being unwell. My right throat lymph-node feels swollen also and can feel the pulse, leading up to the underside of the right ear. No fever or high temperature. My left arm down to the fingers and leg down behind calf and down to toes feel very tingly & numb most the time also. Cardiologist / Lung test / blood tests / CT Scan on brain - All clear. No increases in white blood cells or immunoglobin changes. The doctor cleared any concerns over meningitis also. Now when I manipulate the C2/4 vertebrae conditions seem to worsen and my breathing tightens up. How could a herniated disc explain my symptoms here if at all?
Posted Wed, 18 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
The headaches, pressure in temples, dizziness, etc can be due to cervical spondylosis. The lymph node swelling that you are having may be unrelated benign swellings. In case these are painful or increasing in size then the cause needs to be investigated after FNAC.
Tingling and numbness are abnormal sensations that can occur anywhere in your body, but are often felt in your hands, feet, arms, or legs.

Many causes of such sensations are there. These include injury to the back or spinal cord, Lack of blood supply to the legs and hands as a result of plaque formation in the blood vessels, diabetes, stroke, multiple sclerosis, anxiety and underactive thyroid. Abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body and a lack of vitamin B12 can also cause tingling and pins and needle sensations.

Firstly, I’ll request you to get your blood sugar/HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) tested to rule out Diabetes mellitus. Also get your thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms improve.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.