Tenesmus, anorectal abscess, infectious colitis, proctitis,Inflammatory bowel disease

Question
Hello i wrote to u last week i am very worryed i feel that i have somethink stuck up my back side its like a goelball i hope its not cancer please can you tell me wot it is likely to be thank you
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 4 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

I would be more accurate and to the point in my answer if you can tell me the some more details of your illness like:

1)The exact site of the swelling ?

2)Associated symptoms like pain , redness , itching, wound etc ?

3)Any other places in the body where you have noticed the similar lesions ?

4)The average size , shape and the consistency of the swelling ?

I will be waiting for your information.

4)

Follow-up: Tenesmus, anorectal abscess, infectious colitis, proctitis,Inflammatory bowel disease 21 minutes later
Well its like wanting to go on the loo and i have something stuck there i d!nt think there is any swelling in my self i feel fine its very funny feeling every time i sit down thank you

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 7 hours later
Hi again,

Thanks for following me up,

Well if I understand better the symptom you have is tenesmus, ans such problem is caused by conditions like Anorectal abscess, Infection of the colon (infectious colitis), inflammation of the rectum (proctitis),Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Movement (motility) disorder of the intestines,Polyps or growths in the rectum.

A digital per rectal examination if needed a sigmoidoscopy will help in arriving at a exact cause.

Consult your nearest doctor for the same.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Tenesmus, anorectal abscess, infectious colitis, proctitis,Inflammatory bowel disease 8 hours later
Thank you for your answer is it serious and can u get rid of it I will wait for your answer thank you

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 hours later
Hi again,

Some of the conditions like growths are serious as they could be either benign( less dangerous) or malignant(dangerous).The others are curable without any complications.

Wish you good health.