Tender spot on rib cage. What do you suggest?

I have a tender spot on my rib cage under the left arm also the arm itself is tender inside the upper part. When I press on the tender spot, it hurts. When not pressed, it is alow nagging pain. Glands? Not. Heart as I have been checked out at Scripps in La Jolla CA. Have had this for several years now. Just a nagging pain. XXXX XXXXXXX (Mr)
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir , Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that in my opinion you should consult a physician for this because physical examintion will be necessary to look for exact location of the pain whether it is a swollen gland or it is coming from ribs . Sine you are suffering from carcinoma prostate it is necessary to rule out any metastasis as Ca prostate may lead to lytic lesions in ribs . All these are possibilities but expert examination and tests will be required for reaching a conclusion . Take care. Dr.Shruti
Follow-up: Tender spot on rib cage. What do you suggest? 12 hours later
Thank you for your response. I agree that exam is neccesaryb. Since this soreness, tenderness has been occurring for years, I thought it might be glandular in nature. Not being familiar with anatomy, I hoped you could tell me if a gland is there outside the rib cage?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear sir , Yes some glands are present in the axillary region . These are 5 groups of glands but they are felt in the axilla along the rib cage also . So it can be enlarged lymph node but still examination is needed. Dr. Shruti