Tender, painful and sore nipples. Remedy ?

I am experiencing my two nipples sore , tenderness and pain now
Posted Sat, 23 Jun 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

Sore nipple in males may be due to injury to the breast tissue like by pinching or accident that may cause soreness of breast, infection of the breast is called mastitis, but is rare in males and also associated with swelling and redness, Pain in the underlying muscles or ribs may be mistaken for sore nipples and also abrasion and also rough cloths that you are wearing.

You have not elaborated the symptoms like the duration since you are experiencing this, whether you will get pain all the time or on touching your nipple, any history of trauma to chest, any heart condition and also the drug history. It will be great if you write about this.

Meanwhile I am assuming it is of short duration, you can try to eliminate the soreness by wearing light cotton clothes that will not rub against your nipples. Apply a lubricant like baby oil or any moisturizer over the nipples.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Follow-up: Tender, painful and sore nipples. Remedy ? 6 hours later
I don't have the nipple pain is not always but come and go, I don't know if the nipple pain has anything to do with hormones and prostate cancer
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 50 minutes later

Good to hear from you.

It will be better if you mention any medication which you are on, medications are responsible for nipple pain.

I don't think the symptoms which you have mentioned as anything to do with the hormones or prostate cancer.

Try using a moisturizer. Also, the pain could be due to arthritis of ribs or a muscular cause, it can lead to pain in the nipples. Alternatively, it could be allergic reaction itself. In that case, a moisturizer will help.

You can apply diclofenac gel on the area and see if it helps. If it does, the pain is muscular and it will become ok on its own. Loose clothing will also help.

Hope I have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you good health.