Tender lump on forehead after an injury. How do i know if a CT scan is needed to ensure no internal damage?

Bumped my head pretty hard yesterday around 2245 bending down to pick up something. I have a small, tender bump on the left side of my forehead. How do you know if you need a CT scan to ensure no XXXXXXX damage occurred?
Posted Thu, 24 May 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

Ideally every head injury should be followed with a ct brain plain to rule out haemorrhage especially if it's in an elderly or people on blood thinners.
Since you are young and not on blood thinners and also because you have no symptoms like loss of consciousness, vomiting or weakness of limbs I guess you can do away with it

1. Use painkillers like paracetamol (acetaminophen) to reduce pain.
2. Cold packs to reduce the bump
XXXXXXX a physician in case you do develop the above symptoms I have listed and also if you develop severe headache.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have no further ones please accept my answer

I wish you good health