Tender and sore down below, clear or brown discharge, no periods. What happens if I do not have a period?

I need some advice on a problem I have had since last october, Down below is extremely tender and sore, I also discharge a lot its clear but can be dark brown I haven't had a period for last 4 months what happens if I don't have a period does it start infecting my womb and so forth? Could it be related to the problem.
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 50 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to Heathcare Magic!
Your symptoms are very much suggestive of a serious pathology down there.
You had no menses still you are not tense, and if tense you are continuously ignoring it.
You can have serious infection and inflammation- a vaginitis-bacterial, chlamydia, trichomonal or a candidiasis.
You might be having a pyometra or a pelvic inflammatory disease.
You can hardly try a blind treatment.
Are you sexually active, how were your periods earlier.
I think you should get CBC,ESR,Urine routine and culture test done, a Pap smear and an ultrasonography of abdomen to get a working diagnosis to proceed on management.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!
Follow-up: Tender and sore down below, clear or brown discharge, no periods. What happens if I do not have a period? 28 minutes later
I am not sexually active, my period were irregular but not this bad, I had smear done and it was clear, If I don't have any periods does all the blood stay there and become infected?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 18 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic!
That means you might be having some hormonal /endocrine disorder.
The menses blood can not accumulate inside if once you had periods.
In your case you had abnormal periods earlier, your Smear was normal, you have possibility of endocrine disorder.
Raw XXXXXXX down there may be due to some local infection.
You need both endocrinologist and gynecologist reviews to solve the issues thoroghly.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.