Temporary relief with Norco. What can be done to alleviate severe pain problem?

What can be done to help with severe pain problem? Norco provides only about three hours of relief. Current dosage is one tablet QID. Need solution to constipation problem also.
User selected category wrong. I selected pain management etc.
Drugs taken daily.

Coumadin 1 mg
Hydralazine 25mg BID
Plaquenil 40 mg daily
Levothyroxine 50mg daily
Lasix 40 mg daily
Coreg 6.25 mg BID
Norco 10 mg Qid
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Hi Clarkeyar,
Welcome to healthcare magic!
You seem to have a problem all due to the sciatic nerve compression.
because it is a structural problem it's extent should be gauzed by MRI and CT imaging and a neurosurgical assessment regarding surgical intervention is worthwhile.
Other drugs which I think you are taking for other medical problems should be continued as advised by the physician.
Norco is known to cause constipation, to reduce constipation you should take Liquid lactulose 30ml at bed time to produce regular bowel movements.
The pain you are having can be further helped by adding a new generation pain killer called pregabalin, please get it prescribed by your local physician. The drug is started at lower doses at your age, 37.5mg day, increase to 75mg/day by end of first week. It needs time to act and gives best results when used regularly.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
Wish you a good health.