Ask a Dentist   »  

Temporary crowns in teeth,whitening,white and sensitive pustule on gum near teeth with crown,getting larger

I recently had temporary crowns put on my teeth, and a couple of weeks later I had whitening. Now there is a white pustule on my gum not far from my two teeth with the temporary crowns. the "white zit" looking thing is getting larger and is getting sensitive
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 49 minutes later

You may be developing an abscess. The white pustule which you are seeing could be the opening / mouth of the abscess.

Did you undergo Root Canal Treatments (RCTs) of the two teeth?As such complications are very rare with a proper RCT.

You may have become infection during the treatment of the two teeth which you have undergone.

You may start antiseptic gargles like with Chlorhexidine, take some painkillers to alleviate the pain and may also be put on antibiotics.

I would ask you to visit your Dentist for re exploration of the repaired teeth.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.