Ask a Dentist   »  

Teeth turning yellow. Having increasing decays. Lost 3 teeth. Suggest home remedies?

Hi doctor,
I am having dental prblm. I m a pure vegetarian.My teeths are turning yellow eventhough i brush twice a day. n,i eat very very very less sweets but still decays are there and increasing. The dentists whom i visited told that it might be coz of prb in jaws/roots. Already i lost 3 teeths :( Kindly suggest homely medicines. Thanks.
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 15 hours later
I would like you to know that tooth decay is from lack of proper oral care regime.
Eating sweets increases the chances of decay, but if you follow proper oral hygiene measure then you can overcome teeth from decaying.
First, use a soft bristle toothbrush with any toothpaste of your choice, brush your teeth twice/day.
Use a dental floss to clean areas between the teeth, once/day only.
Use a mouthwash twice/day.
If you follow these instructions then eating sweets will not bother you at all.
For yellow teeth, I will suggest you to see an Endodontist, so that he/she can guide you whether teeth whitening will help solve your problem or not.
We need to know the underlying cause for yellow teeth first to provide you with the treatment; therefore I will advise you to see a specialist.
As a home remedy, strawberries (in a paste form) are supposed to be helpful in teeth whitening, but there are no proven reports yet, therefore I cannot assure of the results.
Professional teeth whitening if advised for you, then it will provide you with satisfactory results.
Let me know if you have more queries.