Ask a Dentist   »  

Teeth sensitivity, swelling, mouth ulcer, pain while eating. Advise some quick medication?

I had a teeth sensitivity last week, but continued to brush and floss, so things were fine. Yesterday I got a swelling near to the last teeth. I am not sure if it is a gum ulcer or mouth ulcer. But it is causing pain while eating. As I am out of country, I am unable to go to my doctor as well, can you please help with a quick remedy/suggestion? I am unable to find a quick medication and hence need help!
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later

Based on the description you provided I suspect it to be a third molar defect more than any ulcer or gingivitis.

For such problems you have to visit a dentist for specific management.

Meanwhile I suggest you to take Tab Prilosec one early in the morning before food for 1 week and one Tab Naprosyn twice daily after food for three days.

The above medications will help you to get rid of the pain but you will have to consult the dentist as soon as possible.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.