Ask a Dentist   »  

Teeth is yellow, after brushing properly cavities are there. How can I minimize it?

Hello Dr

My question is:- my teeth is yellow and i brush properly then also cavities are there in teeth.How can I minimize it and my teeth become white.
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
a proper oral hygiene maintainence is required.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Yellowish discolouration of the tooth can be due to plague and calculus deposition, these are accumulation of food debris along with bacteria which is yellowish greyish in colour that adheres tenaciously to the tooth surface and later on gets calcified. I would like to tell you that these are not removed by regular tooth brushing for this you have to go for a complete mouth scaling and polishing.

Bacterial decomposition of this impacted food debris produces acid and leads to errosion of tooth enamel leading to dental CARIES or Decay.
Tooth cavities needs to filled i would suggest you to visit to the Dentist and get the cavities filled.

Here are few methods by which you can prevent cavities and make your teeth look whiter;
-Brushing your teeth twice daily in back and forth and up and down motion.
-Clean your teeth with dental floss, interdental cleaners.
-Use antiseptic mouthwash rinses like chlorhexidine twice daily.
-Check a Dentist regularly after every six months.
-Go for complete mouth scaling and polishing in every six months.
-Eat nutritious balanced diet with plenty of raw vegetables, fruits.Drink
plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated.
-Avoid sticky food and brush your teeth afterwards.
-Advanced teeth whitening procedures are also available like bleaching
you can also try for that.

Hope you find this answer as helpful, for further queries you are free to ask!

Wishing you a Good Health!

Take care!
Dr Qazi Ammara.