Ask a Dentist   »  

Teeth got stuck in throat. What should I do?

teeth got stuck in my throat what to do?
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

At first, check for patency of airway. I hope you do not have choking or breathing problem - indicates that breathing airway is patent.

Presuming you do not have breathing issues, you can tryand induce vomiting with warm water saline rinses with more salt content. If the rinses do not help, you can go for high vaccum suction under consultation of specialized doctor.

Meanwhile you take liquid diet; Banana will also help to slide it down your throat.

Hope I answered your query. If you have any further query I would be happy to help out.

Wishing you good health

Take Care
Dr.Neha Sumra