Ask a Dentist   »  

Teeth cleaning, dry mouth. What can be done for dry mouth?

i had a XXXXXXX teeth cleaning and ever since i did i have very bad dry mouth.. is there anything i can do
Posted Tue, 3 Jul 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Gunjan Gupta 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I would be in a better position to help you if you could provide answers to the following questions:

1. Are you currently taking any treatment. If yes,what?
2. Why did you have a XXXXXXX teeth cleaning?
3. How long have you had a dry mouth?
4. Do you have any additional symptoms that you are currently dealing with?

Awaiting you reply.
Dr.Gunjan Gupta
Follow-up: Teeth cleaning, dry mouth. What can be done for dry mouth? 58 minutes later
i am currently taking synthroid and i had my teeth cleaned and checked and they thought i needed a XXXXXXX has been several months of this.. no other symptoms...
Answered by Dr. Gunjan Gupta 9 hours later

Thanks for providing me the additional details.

It is normal to have dry mouth after XXXXXXX cleaning. Dry mouth can last for few days (7-10days).
Take plenty of fluids like water, milkshakes, juices, etc. This can increase the salivary secretions and help you back to normality.

If the dryness persists for a very long time, you should visit to your dentist.

It is important that you maintain proper oral hygiene after XXXXXXX cleaning and follow all the given instructions properly. If you have been doing that, then there is no cause for concern.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further any question, I will be happy to help you.

Wish you good health.

Take care and Regards
Dr. Gunjan Gupta