Teenager, want to take prenatal vitamins for healthy skin, hair and nails. Opinion?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
my 15 year old daughter wants to take pre natal vitamins to make hair, skin, and nails healthy. what do you think about this? Are there any health concerns or reasons not to let her do this.
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your query.
In general there is no reason not to take it. It can only be helpful. But just be sure that she takes it properly and in adequate dosage. Most important vitamins for these things are biotic and vit C. Other important are folic acid, vitamin A may be toxic in high doses so be sure not to take it too can be found in carrot and red beet so it is better to take VIT A from these sources than from supplements.
WIsh you good health. If you have any question I ll be glad to help.