Tear in tissue of the clitoris gland due to accident. Will the body heal?

I possibly had an accident a while back but I can't remember all that happened.
I had a physical done to check my anatomy and was told it is completely normal.
I possibly torn tissues right to the knob of the clitoris gland. Did my body just heal and there might have been wood splinters that caused the torn tissues. Does the body heal from such an event.

Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 27 minutes later

The anatomy of the body is usually restored to its normal state after natural healing . Unless there was some major structural damage the body is quite resilient and heals itself. The kind of injury you are talking about should heal on its own. Nerve fibres constitute a major part of the clitoris and regenerate on its own. Sometimes there may be slightly less sensation if the damage is severe . Otherwise the external anatomy heals well on its own .

Follow-up: Tear in tissue of the clitoris gland due to accident. Will the body heal? 1 hour later
I thank you for answering my question. It may have be structural damage. not sure.

I recenltly went to have a physical examination done and was told my anatomy is normal without any deformities. how can this be?
if it was structural damage does the body naturally heal itself?
Also, the upper part of the vagina possibly got damaged. Does the bigger portion of the clitoris heal if sliced in half and the hood

Does the body have a way to heal itself completely.

Recently had a physical to check my anatomy and was told normal
also other tissues were damaged. Did the body naturally heal itself?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 hours later
In the perineal area most of it is soft tissue. Soft tissue normally heals itself unless there is extensive damage and requires surgery. You haven't mentioned anything about having surgery, so I'm assuming that you haven't.

As your doctor at the time of the accident didn't do any intervention then more than likely there was less severe damage and the injury was allowed to heal naturally. As I said it will depend on the extent of the damage. Less severe injuries heal normally. Therefore it would be good idea to ask your doctor exactly what tissues were injured and how severe the injury was.

I might be able to help you better if you can provide those details.