Tear in buttocks, bleeding, sore. How can I treat this?

I have a tear in my butt crack and it bleeds and is very very sore. How can I treat this
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 2 hours later

Hi there. Thank you for posting your question with XXXXXXX I will do my best to help you.

This is probably a fungal infection that you may be scratching at night in your sleep. Hence the bleeding. I would try the following for a start:

(1) A steroid/ anti-fungal ointment or cream applied sparingly twice a day like Fucidin-H.
(2) In shower or bath, no soap.
(3) If still itchy, an antihistamine like Zertrex at night.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.