Tear at bottom of vagina, using ointment. I am sexually active. How long will it take to heal?

Question
Hi there,
I'm 26 and have had a boyfriend for almost a year.
We are very sexually active, but for the first time ever I have a tiny tear at the bottom of my vagina...the forkette of the vulva. I went to the doctor and said it about a millimeter in length. I now am using an ointment.
But he didn't really help me,
How long will it take to heal? Will it reoccur again? When can I have sex again with him? Will it affect me later?
Please help me as I am scared and sore. And worried my vagina will never be the same.
D.
Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later

Fourchette is junction of mucosa & skin & it’s very sensitive to pain. A tear at fourchette will take 7-8 days to heal.

I shall advice you not to have sex till then, Otherwise there can be delay in healing due to local irritation.

It won't recur again unless there is a trauma again.

DO not worry. As the tear is just a millimeter in length, it will not affect your vagina or your future life.

I hope your query has been answered. Let me know if you have further concerns.