Tasting ear wax in mouth, coughing, vomiting
User rating for this question
I taste ear wax in my mouth and I keep coughing and vomitting. What should I do? This has been happening for a few days.
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 2 hours later
Thanks for the query
The sensation of the taste of the ear wax could be due to the post nasal drip from the paranasal nasal sinuses.
The cough and vomiting is secondary to the post nasal drip from the sinuses into the throat. When the thick mucus from the sinuses trickles down into the throat, it irritates the throat inducing vomiting and cough.
Do not worry! It is a simple problem related to sinusitis. Please follow the advice below and you will be definitely alright.
1. Drink plenty of warm water to keep the nose and the throat hydrated.
2. Use saline nasal spray followed by steam inhalation 2-3 times a day, which helps in reducing the nasal congestion, clearing of the mucus and reducing the cough & vomiting.
3. Avoid coffee/chilled/hot beverages/alcohol/smoking if any.
4. Try taking mucolytic (such as ambroxol or bromhexine) to reduce the viscosity of the mucus.
Hope I have answered the query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
People also viewed
- Green poo and sinus infection
- Salty taste in mouth ear wax
- Enlarged circumvallate papillae hypertrophy
- Bleeding after plan b still pregnant
- How to fix raspy throat
- When bleeding starts after taking mifeprin tablet
- Clear ear wax versus yellow ear wax
- Red vaginal bleeding after ovary removal
- Have veginal bleeding after taking ipill
- Can ear wax cause coughing
- Tasting ear wax in mouth coughing vomiting
- Ear drops for ear wax
- Fish scale in throat
- Bleeding 3 weeks after uterine polyp removal
- Effects a hole in the ear